Thursday, August 03, 2006

Day 4 - August 2, 2006

Today was amazing!

We are currently in Billings, Montana and still have
about 10 hours to go. We didn't get very far today because we actually did
some touring.

Mt. Rushmore is awesome! We spent about an hour there because there is a little museum and gift shop with it. Plus, I had to get plenty of pictures! I still can't believe 400 people were able to build it.

After that we stopped at Bear Country USA, which is about 20 minutes away from Mt. Rushmore. It is a drive through wild park, like a zoo without as specific cages.

They had everything from Elk to Buffalo and of course, bears! The bears would just walk right between the cars. It was so neat!

We finally got out of South Dakota and into Wyoming.

If you have never been, I recommend it. Don't come looking for people, but the nature and scenery is beautiful.

I have never seen so many wild deer and pronghorn. They are just standing out there in the open. Of course, it isn't like there is anywhere they can hide. It is wide open space to the horizon.

Well hopefully tomorrow night I'll be writing from Calgary.

I am really getting excited now...I've messed around enough, it's time to play some hockey!